Turkey / Veggie-Turkey Pesto Panini
• 1 tablespoon 41 Olive Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
• 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 3-4 equal pieces
• 1/2 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
• 4-8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
• 2 cups chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey (you may use substitute veggie turkey purchased at Trader Joes or Whole Foods)
• 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
1. Heat 41 Olive Tuscan Herb Olive Oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over 1 side of French bread and top with mozzarella, turkey, tomatoes, avocado and top half of bread. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
3. Add sandwich to pan and grill until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Tags: Main Courses
- Neil Naran