Poutine Fries with Himalayan Salt
• 3 large sebago potatoes (or russets), scrubbed clean
• canola or vegetable oil (to fry with)
• 1 tbsp 41 Olive Vegan Butter Olive Oil
• 1½ tbsp plain flour
• Shredded mozzarella cheese
• Vegetable Stock
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
• 2 tsp 41 Olive Himalayan Salt
1. Turn the oven on to 400F/200C. Get a large roasting dish and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place in the oven to heat up for 15 minutes.
2. Slice the potatoes into thick chips and place in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes, and then drain. When the roasting dish and oven have heated up, carefully add the cooked, drained chips and shake them into a flat layer. Cook for 15 minutes, then flip and shuffle them around and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown all over.
3. While the chips are cooking, make the gravy. Place the 41 Olive Vegan Butter Olive OIl into a small saucepan and melt it. Add the flour and cook out for a minute, before slowly adding the vegetable stock, whisking it in bit by bit, until all the stock is incorporated. Keep the gravy warm.
4. Stir together the rosemary and 41 Olive Himalayan salt.
5. When the chips are ready, drain them slightly on paper, and then pile them up on a plate. Scatter with as much salt as you like, and then dot over your cheese and then pour over the gravy! Go. To. Town. Enjoy your 41 Olive Recipe of the Week !