Prep 20 minutes l Cook 0 minutes l Serves 6
- 2 loaves pita bread
- 41 Olive Persian Lime Olive Oil (click here to shop)
- 1 heart of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions (both white and green parts), chopped
- 5 radishes, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1½ lime, juice of
- ⅓ cup of 41 Olive Persian Lime Olive Oil (click here to shop)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground sumac (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- scant ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Toast the pita bread in your toaster oven until it is crisp but not browned.
- Heat 3 tbsp of 41 Olive Persian Lime Olive Oil in a large pan.
- Break the pita bread into pieces, and place in the heated oil. Fry briefly until browned, tossing frequently. Add salt, pepper. Remove the pita chips from the heat and place on paper towels to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions with the sliced radish and parsley.
- To make the lime vinaigrette, whisk together the limejuice, 41 Olive Persian Lime Olive Oil and spices in a small bowl.
- Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss lightly. Finally, add the pita chips and toss one more time. Transfer to small serving bowls or plates. Enjoy!
- Tags: Salads
- Neil Naran