Dark Chocolate & Blood Orange Waffles
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ¼ cup (packed) brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon 41 Olive Himalayan Salt
• 3 large eggs, separated
• 2 cups buttermilk
• ½ cup 41 Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon 41 Olive Vanilla Balsamic
• 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cacao), finely chopped
• Nonstick 41 Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil using Misto Oil Pump Spray
• Unsalted butter, warm pure maple syrup and peanut butter (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 250°.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 41 Olive Himalayan salt in a large bowl.
3. Make a well in the center and add egg yolks, buttermilk, Blood Orange Olive Oil, and Vanilla Balsamic.
4. Blend with a fork, then gradually incorporate dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
5. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form.(It took about 6 min)
6. Working in 2 batches, fold egg whites into batter just until combined. Fold in chocolate.
7. Heat a waffle iron until very hot; lightly coat with nonstick spray. Working in batches, cook waffles until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
8. Serve waffles with butter, syrup and peanut butter.
9. Eat and Enjoy our 41 Olive Recipe of the Week !
- Tags: Desserts
- Neil Naran