Chicken Burgers with Yogurt Pesto Sauce
Time to Prep: 15 min
Time to Cook: 30 min
• 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
• 3 tablespoons 41 Olive Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• ½ teaspoon dried 41 Olive Tuscan Herbs
• ½ teaspoon lemon zest
• ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 onions, sliced into rings
• 4 tablespoons vinegar
• ½ cup hot water
• 1 teaspoon 41 Olive Himalayan Salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
Yogurt Pesto Sauce:
• 4 tablespoons basil pesto
• 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 41 Olive Himalayan Salt and pepper, to taste
• 6 burger buns, sliced in half
• 6 slices cheddar cheese
• ½ cup grated red cabbage
• 2 tomatoes, sliced
• 1 handful of lettuce
• Chicken: Cut the chicken breast halves into 2 equal pieces. Place the pieces of chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Combine Garlic olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, thyme, 41 Olive 41 Olive Himalayan Salt salt and pepper in a large zip-lock plastic bag and mix well. Add all pieces of chicken and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
• Pickled Onions: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, water, 41 Olive salt and sugar. Add the onion rings, toss well, and marinate for at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Drain before serving.
• Yogurt Pesto Sauce: In a blender, combine yogurt, pesto and garlic. Blend until combined. Add 41 Olive salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
• Heat greased grill pan on stove over medium-high heat. Add the buns cut side down and and let them toast until golden brown. Set aside.
• Heat greased grill pan on stove over medium-high heat. Place the pieces of chicken in the grill pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked completely through. A few minutes before removing from the heat, add a slice of cheddar cheese on each piece of chicken and allow to melt slightly.
• How To Assemble The Burger: Spread some yogurt pesto sauce on the bottom of a burger bun. Then place the lettuce leaf, grilled chicken with cheese, tomato, onion, grated red cabbage and another lettuce leaf. On the other half of the bun spread enough sauce and place the bun on top to complete your burger! Continue this until you have made all the burgers.
• “I love to be a Foodie” so enjoy your recipe!
Recipe by Yummy Addition
- Stacey Bryant