Time to Prep: 30 min
Time to Cook: 35min
For the Pastry:
• 1 1/4 cups plain flour
• 1 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
• 1/4 tsp. 41 Olive Himalayan Salt
• 1/3 cup buttermilk
• 1 tsp. lemon juice
• 1 tsp. 41 Olive Red Apple Vinegar
• 1 tsp. cold water
• 1 egg yolk, beaten
For the Filling:
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut into halves
• 4 generous slices goat cheese
• A handful fresh thyme
• 2 tsp. 41 Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 41 Olive Himalayan salt and pepper - to taste
For the Pastry:
- In a food processor (or with your fingertips) pulse (or rub) together the flour, salt and butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar and water and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Turn the pastry mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly, then roll into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill for 1/2 an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Divide the chilled pastry into 4 equal portions and roll each one into a ball. Roll each ball out on a lightly floured surface until about 6" wide.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes (leaving about an inch gap around the edge) and scatter over the thyme. Add a slab of goat’s cheese to the middle of each galette, and then drizzle each with 1/2 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the corners of each galette and brush the pastry edges with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the pastry has cooked all the way through and the goats cheese has melted.
Recipe by Blueberry Kitchen