Simple Recipe For Diabetes: Salad Caprese
Time is a valuable commodity. Trying to find the time to eat right can be downright challenging.
Fortunately for you, this simple to make salad is not only a brisk breeze to put together, in addition, it also tastes great and is an incredible decision for a light lunch or side dish with dinner. And since it’s low glycemic, it’s an ideal recipe for individuals living with diabetes.
Usually Serves 2 people:
- 2 large tomatoes cut into 10 slices
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces light mozzarella cheese cut into 10 small pieces
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
Next, try and Layer the tomato slices, basil leaves, and mozzarella pieces on two separate plates. Finally, drizzle the Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil evenly over the two salads. Add a dash of freshly ground pepper to add a unique and delicious taste.
Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories: 127; Fat: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 161 mg; Carbs: 7 grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Protein: 9 grams.
- Alexis Barros