We are constantly asked what the benefits are of olive oil versus other types of oils. Aside from the drastic difference in the taste and quality of our olive oils versus other oils, there are many other health benefits of olive oil.
The list of the benefits of olive oil is a very long one. There are so many benefits of olive oil, in fact, that you might wonder how you can fit more of it in your diet on a daily basis.
Benefits of Olive Oil- Olive Oil is full of Antioxidants: Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants, which can prevent the formation of LDL Cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). Too much LDL Cholesterol will eventually cause blockages in your veins, leading to the possibility of a heart attack.
- Olive Oil is full of Monounsaturated Fats: The predominant fatty acid in olive oil is called oleic acid. Oleic acid helps reduce inflammation and is believed to have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.
- Olive Oil reduces Inflammation: One of the antioxidants in olive oil, oleocanthal, has been shown to decrease inflammation within the body - similar to the drug ibuprofen. Elevated levels of inflammation in the body has been proven to be the cause of many of the most common diseases, including heart disease, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimers, rheumatoid arthritis, blood pressure and even obesity.
- Olive Oil reduces Risk of Stroke: because of its high levels of monounsaturated fats, it has been shown that those who consume large amounts of olive oil consistently have a significantly lower risk of having a stroke, than those who do not.
- Olive Oil will not make you fat! The majority of individuals have heard that the Mediterranean diet is very healthy. Well one of the main ingredients in that diet is olive oil. Again, these wonderful antioxidants olive oil will go into your blood stream and eventually lead to weight loss, studies have found.
- Olive Oil is anti-bacterial: Olive oil has several nutrients in it that can kill harmful bacteria, particularly Helicobacter pylori, which is a bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.
- Olive Oil is a great moisturizer! : Do you have dandruff? Is your hair dry from too many products? Chapped skin? Do you have eyelashes that will not grow? It has been shown that the application of Extra Virgin Olive Oil won't only hydrate dry skin and hair, but will also stimulate the hair follicles and encourage growth!
- Olive Oil boosts the body's essential functions: Olive oil helps move things along inside your body also - easing the expelling of toxins from the stomach, pancreas and intestines.
- Olive Oil can allow you to live longer! : When you read about all of the benefits Olive Oil provides, it is no surprise to hear that the consistent ingestion of high quality olive oil will make you a healthier person, which will elongate your life immensely!