You can decide to purchase a face mask for any imaginable skin concern. But for an unrehearsed spa night, you can also light some candles and create a DIY face mask in a matter of mere minutes.
This natural mask is created of three skin-loving ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen cabinets: olive oil, honey, and eggs.
Honey has been used in natural skin care for a while because of its antibacterial properties, egg whites have a temporary tightening effect, and Olive Oil is a natural moisturizer. (Extra Virgin Olive Oil can also take off makeup; we suggest that you use some of your leftover oil to make this 2-ingredient eye makeup remover.) Once you rinse off the face mask, it will leave your skin feeling clean, smooth, and hydrated.
How To Make Olive Oil Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Whisk together Olive Oil, honey, and egg until mixture is emulsified.
- Apply mask to face using a facial brush or hands.
- Let mask sit for 15 to 30 minutes, then rinse off.