An Ideal Reason For Consuming More Olive Oil
At a quick glance:
- Olive Oil is an incredible source of heart-healthy oleic acid and the anti-inflammatory compounds oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol.
- Both green and dark olives make great additions to any diet.
- Mycotoxin contamination is a concern for olives. Our Olive Oil Experts recommend that unpitted olives be packed in glass to reduce exposure to toxin. This will ensure that the olives have smooth, even skin.
Olives have been a staple in civilizations for centuries as a great source of nutrition, medicine and food. They are also low in toxins, high fat and completely bulletproof.
The olive, although technically a fruit is more like a vegetable.
Olives are low carbs and sugar, making them a great source of fat. Olive oil is known to reduce inflammation, fight cancer and increase testosterone synthesis. It also speeds up wound healing.
Olives contain a handful of amazing compounds that break down effortlessly, so it's essential to use olives and Olive Oil with care when you cook.
Olives Are Full Of Oleic Acid
Olives contain 15-35% of fat. The majority of the fat in olives is 15-35%.
Monounsaturated Oleic acid can be easily oxidized. Our Olive Oil experts suggest that you protect this fragile fat by purchasing Olive Oil that's stored in dark glass and produced as close to you as possible.
The fresher the Olive Oil, the more beneficial compounds and intact fats it will contain, so our Olive Oil experts suggest that you purchase domestic when possible. Olives also contain high levels of vitamin E, vitamin A and copper.
Hydroxytyrosol and Oleuropein
Oleuropein is the main bioactive in Olive Oil. It's what gives Olive Oil its pungent, distinct taste. It can also be paired with hydroxytyrosol (the other major compound in olives).
Your body will be regenerated by hydroxytyrosol and Oleuropein.
- They protect the heart and reverse chronic inflammation and oxidative stresses that can lead to cardiovascular disease. 
- They are powerful antioxidants in vitro as well as in vivo. Hydroxytyrosol seems to be stronger than the other. [3,4]
- They protect the pancreas against autoimmune damage. 
- They can increase insulin sensitivity and protect glucose metabolism. 
- They increase testosterone synthesis. 
- They may be used as emollients in rheumatoid-arthritis. 
- They are skin-healing and wound-healing. 
- They protect the liver, particularly in cases of liver damage or metabolic syndrome. [10, 11, 12]
- They are powerful and promising in their anticancer properties. [12, 13, 14]
How to Cook with Olive Oil
Always remember that Olive Oil is delicate and simple to oxidize, mainly because it's so low in saturated fat. You should never heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and you should keep non-virgin Olive Oil below 320degF. Extra Virgin Olive Oil can be used after you have prepared your food.
Check Olive Oil for any additives and make sure it is bottled in dark glass. Clear glass allows light in, and the light causes oxidation. Olive Oil should be used within one year to avoid rancidity.
- Neil Naran