There are many options for infusing oil with medicinal or nutritional herbs. Infused Olive Oils can be used for cooking and bath products. There are many herbs that can be used depending on the purpose.
Rosemary Infused Olive Oil, for example, can be used as an energy-packed oil to roast potatoes or add to your favorite pasta sauce.
Rosemary Infused Olive Oil may be used medicinally in a range of bath products. Rosemary Infused Olive Oil can also be used to treat dandruff and itchy scalps. It is believed to stimulate hair growth.
Calendula can be used to make lotions, salves and insect repellants. Calendula is a healing plant and is used primarily for sunburns and itching. Plantain is also good for wound healing.
Chickweed can also be used to treat small cuts and skin conditions such eczema or psoriasis. Chamomile, lavender, and other herbs are soothing, healing and anti fungal. Comfrey is good for minor burns and insect bites.
Culinary Infused Olive Oils
Savory Infused Oils are a great addition to salad dressings and any number of delicious, healthy meals that use garlic, ginger or peppers.
Our Infused Olive Oil experts recommend that dried herbs be used to prevent mold and bacterial growth. Although fresh Infused Olive Oils made from herbs can be used, they should not be consumed within 24 hours.
Olive Oil Infused with Herbs For Healing & Beauty
- High quality dried herbs will produce the best results. They won't cause spoilage and last longer.
- Use sterilized, clean jars with tight-fitting caps.
- You can increase the shelf life by adding colored glass bottles. You can also preserve the oil by adding a few drops to vitamin E oil.
- Olive Oil is often used because it resists oxidation and rancidity.
- Coconut, grape seed and almond oils are some of the other oils that are used.
- Label the jars and bottles with dates and ingredients during infusion.
Cold Infusion/Solar Infusion
- Dry herbs of high quality
- Olive Oil
- Natural wax paper
- Clean, dry glass container with tight-fitting lid
- Permanent marker and labels
- Vitamin E oil (optional)
- A sunny area or an area that is consistently warm