There are many ways to infuse olive oil with nutritional and medicinal herbs. Infused olive oils can be used in cooking, baths and skin care products. There are many herbs available to choose from, depending on what you need.
Rosemary Infused Olive Oil is an example of how Rosemary Infused Olive Oil could be used to flavor your favorite pasta sauce or for roasting potatoes.
Calendula and plantain, chickweeds, chamomiles, lavender, and comfrey Infused olive oils are all useful in making lotions, salves or insect repellants. Calendula, which is a healing herb, is most commonly used for sunburns, itching, inflammation and slow healing wounds. Plantain can also be used to heal wounds.
Chickweed can be used to treat minor burns as well as skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Lavender and chamomile are soothing, healing, anti fungal, and calming. Comfrey can help with minor burns, rashes and insect bites.
Olive Oils Infused with Culinary Flavors
For a delicious addition to salad dressings, or for any other healthy and delicious meals containing garlic, ginger, peppers, and herbs, you can use savory Infused olive oils.
Our experts recommend using dried herbs to stop bacterial growth and mold. You can use fresh herbal Infused Olive Oils, but only the day-of is safe.
Olive Oil With Herbs for Healing and Beauty
- You will get the best results by using high quality dried herbs. They will not spoil and will last longer.
- Use only clean, sterilized jars that have tight-fitting lids.
- The shelf life of colored glass bottles can be increased by using them. A few drops of vitamin E oil can also be added to preserve the oil.
- Olive Oil is a common choice because it has some resistance against oxidation, rancidity, and other chemicals.
- Other oils include almond, grape seed, almond and apricot, along with a few others.
- Label bottles and jars during infusion and after bottling to label with dates and ingredients.
Cold Infusion/Solar Infusion
- High quality dried herbs
- Olive Oil
- Natural wax paper
- Glass jar in clean, dry condition with tight-fitting lid
- Permanent marker and labels
- Vitamin E oil (optional)
- A consistently warm place or the sun