Learn How To Make Lavender Olive Oil Waffles
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING LAVENDER OLIVE OIL WAFFLES ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
EASY DIRECTIONS ON CREATING LAVENDER OLIVE OIL WAFFLES
- Whip the egg whites into hard peaks and put aside.
- Next, stir together the flours, baking powder, salt and lavender in a pretty large bowl. Firmly whisk together the wet ingredients, including egg yolks, and pour into the dry ingredients. Make sure to whisk together until no pockets of flour remain. The batter will be a little lumpy and that’s completely fine.
- Gently fold in the egg whites. Bake according to waffle manufacturers step by step instructions.
- Our Olive Oil experts suggest that you serve with softened butter and maple syrup or honey.
- Alexis Barros